An overview of Orderly Network
Orderly is a permissionless, decentralized exchange protocol and modular ecosystem built on top of NEAR. It currently uses an off-chain order book to provide a platform complete with a risk engine, matching engine, and shared asset pools for dApps to build on top of, with a goal of moving to a full on-chain mechanism.
While the on-chain trading experience has improved drastically in the last couple of years, there are still some pretty obvious issues:
- 1.DEX trading has high gas fees, commissions, and slippage
- 2.Pro traders rarely trade on DeFi — they require fast and liquid markets
- 3.There aren’t any whitelabeling solutions for derivative DEXs
Here are some of the solutions Orderly Network will offer:
- 1.Orderly will be integrated with bridges that will allow for smooth deposits/withdrawals from any ‘layer one’ blockchain.
- 2.Thanks to the combination of orderbook efficiency and on-chain settlement, Orderly will offer market-leading execution with low latency and minimal fees.
- 3.Orderly will launch with immediate access to deep liquidity thanks to some of the largest market makers in the space.